In French International School of Dhaka the school council
1. Votes the rules of the school
2. Adopts the school project and the school calendar
3. Gives opinion and makes suggestions on the functioning of the school and on all questions concerning the academic life: integration of handicaped children, school meals, school hygiene, child safety, etc.
4. agrees to the organization of complementary, educational, sports or cultural activities
5. can propose a project of organization of derogatory school time
It meets once a quarter and allows the meeting and consultation of the various stakeholders in the life of the school. The participation of elected parents is important because it allows them to better understand the life of the school and thus explain it to other parents.